Covington County is Advantageous for Industry
Metals manufacturing takes place across the entire state of Alabama. Abundant mineral wealth in iron ore, coal, and limestone has made the state ripe for economic development and set the stage for growth in the metals manufacturing sector. More than 1,100 primary metal manufacturing companies call Alabama home, including the biggest players in steel, cast iron, water and sewer pipe, specialty metals, and composites.
- Metal manufactured goods exports from Alabama were valued at over $1.3 billion in 2021
- The primary metal manufacturing industry accounted for 16,300 Alabama jobs in December 2021
- Fabricated metal manufacturing exports from Alabama were valued at $453 million in 2019
- The fabricated metal product manufacturing industry accounts for almost 29,000 jobs.
- 1,100 primary metal companies in Alabama
- Alabama is the home of 3 of the nation’s 7 major pipe-makers
- 45,100 employed in primary and fabricated metal manufacturing as of December 2021
Covington County is a prime location for expanding metal manufacturing companies. The county has the needed advantages for distribution: proximity to five major highways, multiple airports, railways, and port facilities. Shovel-ready industrial sites, training for a skilled workforce, and the Covington County Economic Development Commission’s dedication to customized incentives and speed-to-market make up our formula for business success.
Category: Target Industries
More Target Industries