Business Development Moves at Your Pace in Covington County
The Covington County Economic Development Commission takes pride in our efficient, progressive, business-friendly county. Let us provide expert guidance through site selection, permitting, incentives, utilities, and more. Our competitive advantage is connecting you to the proper person or agency for every task and question, every step of the way.
Covington County is an Enterprise Zone and HubZone, and qualifies for New Markets Tax Credit. Our shovel-ready sites in our industrial parks are in Opportunity Zones. Through all of these advantages, your project could qualify for significant additional incentives for properly structured investments.
Key advantages for economic success:
- Location Advantages: Proximity to the Florida Border with lower costs of doing business
- Transportation Advantages: Four-lane access to interstates, a regional airport, rail, and convenient port access
- Customizable Incentives: CCEDC has a toolbox of robust incentives
- Speed-to-Market: Working at your pace with permits in 2 to 3 days
- Shovel-Ready Industrials Parks: Certified Advantage Sites in Opportunity Zones
- Enterprise Zone: multiple incentives available
- Tax Advantages: Property taxes among the lowest in Alabama and the U.S.
- Regional Workforce: 200,000 within 50 miles; Alabama is a right-to-work state and no manufacturing unions in the County
- Workforce Training: Aviation School, AIDT (state worker training agency), two community colleges provide customized training programs for specific industries
Contact CCEDC today to see how our low cost of doing business and flexibility can lead to unparalleled success for your project!